The objective of the Youth & Family Support program is to provide support, advocacy and referral to young people and their families to address their needs creating a resourced, unified and independent family.
Young people aged 10-18 and their families. Specifically working with young people who are in need of assistance with:
- Relationships and family concerns
- Living skills
- Career Paths
- Re-entry to education and training
- Legal issues and Court Support
- Finances and Income
- Referral to specialist services
- Case Management
The main barriers are that the young and family support program seeks to overcome are those arising from:
- Dysfunctional family history
- Insufficient support structures, including family support and role models
- Domestic violence
- Sexual abuse
- Alcohol and other drug abuse
- Incomplete education and training
- Lack of experience and skills
- Lack of secure housing and/or access to secure housing
- Insufficient life skills
The Youth and Family Support is a FREE service in the Muswellbrook, Singleton, Scone, Merriwa, Murrurundi and surrounding areas.
Self-referral or Interagency referrals are welcome.
Youth & Family Support Worker
Telephone: 02 6543 4841